The Pacific County Health Department protects the community by controlling and preventing the spread of infectious diseases. We do this by:
- Receiving reports from health care providers about cases of notifiable communicable diseases as required by law.
- Investigating cases and providing education to people with communicable diseases and their contacts.
- Reducing the spread of disease by providing and promoting immunizations.
- Providing updated information to area health care providers about local, national and global issues of public health concern.
- Educating the community about diseases of concern.
- Identifying potential sources of disease transmission.
- Using appropriate public health methods to interrupt the spread of disease.
Report notifiable conditions to:
Communicable Disease Program
Pacific County Public Health Department
Phone: (360) 875-9343 or (360) 642-9349
Fax: (360) 875-9323 or (360) 642-9352
After Hours Reporting for Public Health Emergencies:
(360) 875-9397 and Ask for the Public Health Person on Call
Click here for a list of notifiable conditions for:
Frequently Asked Questions About Communicable Diseases
The following information, taken from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), provides answers to frequently asked questions about communicable diseases such as how each disease spreads, signs and symptoms, treatment, and prevention.
Common Communicable Diseases