Welcome to the Access to Baby and Child Dentistry (ABCD) Program for Pacific County!
The ABCD Program matches Medicaid-eligible children, ages birth through age 5, to a dentist. The program focuses on prevention of cavities and repairing teeth that are already in need of work. The goal is to have all children have their first dental visit by age one.
- Do you have any children 5 years old or younger?
- Do they live in Pacific County?
- Are they enrolled in Medicaid or do they have a provider one card?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions then your child is eligible for the program and health department staff will make every effort to find the right dentist for you
ABCDE – Access to Baby & Child Dentistry Expanded
ABCDE was launched in 2002 and works with medical offices to provide oral health during well-child checkups. The unique partnership between dentists and physicians is working to reduce the alarming rate of dental disease among children in Pacific County through prevention, rather than intervention.
Pediatricians, family physicians and other medical staff provide Medicaid-eligible children, ages 0-19, with:
- Evaluation of oral health
- Education about proper dental hygiene
- Fluoride varnish – up to three applications per year in the medical office
- Dental referral
Your child will receive:
- 3 fluoride varnish applications per year
- 2 dental examinations per year
- 2 parent education sessions per year
- Restorative care as needed
There is one dental provider that is currently certified to participate in the ABCD program for Pacific County.
Deep River Dental
Dr. Daniel Hamilton, DMD
416 4th Street
Raymond, WA 98577
For Further Information contact the health department at 360-642-9349 or 360-875-9343