The Children with Special Health Care Needs program provides support by a trained public health nurse for families with children who have special health care needs.
The program can help families with:
- Information on childhood issues like eating and nutrition, growth and development, and behavior.
- Information about your child’s medical condition.
- Identifying programs that might assist your child.
- Locating and securing financial assistance that you may be eligible for.
- Scheduling appointments and arranging transportation.
The program offers assistance to children who are:
- Under 18 years of age, and
- Have a condition which may prevent them from growing, developing or playing like other children, or
- Have a condition that places them at risk for being disabled.
For more information call (360) 875-9343 or (360) 642-9349 or visit the Washington State Department of Health’s Children with Special Health Care Needs web page.