The Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Program offers valuable support to expectant and new mothers from a person very much like themselves. Whether you are a first time mom thinking about breastfeeding, or have breastfed other children, the peer counselor is there to answer questions, offer support and guidance, and reassure you. Peer counselors have both personal experience and specific training so they are very skilled and able to help you and your baby.
- Help pregnant women make the decision about infant feeding
- Talk to mothers about their thoughts about breastfeeding
- Help new mothers get off to a good start with breastfeeding
- Explain ways to prevent common breastfeeding problems
- Refer mothers to appropriate health professionals
This mother-to-mother support can be provided in the home, office or over the phone. Our intent is to help your baby get off to the healthiest start possible and make breastfeeding an enjoyable experience for you.
For more information or to talk to our peer counselor, Tessa Clemonts, please call (360) 208-6923.
Text4Baby is a good information site for additional BF information