Pacific County offers two different parenting resources for its county residents. Below are the descriptions of the class/seminar offerings. All the classes are free to Pacific County residents. We all understand how important it is to be prepared for parenting, because adults are an example of imitation, a censor and a source of morality for a child. Therefore, you should go to courses, read books and other materials, conduct research that can help at essayswriters.com and be sure to periodically consult with psychologists.
- Children In Between is a Co-Parenting Program for divorcing and separating parents. It focuses on teaching anger control and respectful communication to parents as a means of ending loyalty conflicts and lowering risk for children of divorce. Loyalty conflicts cause the most damage to children. We focus on how parents involve their children in these conflicts unintentionally, and change that. The program is based on research that identifies the most common and stressful loyalty conflicts experienced by children of divorce. The course runs 3 hours, is offered once a month at alternating ends of the county, and is completed in one day. Participants are given a certificate of completion that they can bring to court to show they have fulfilled the requirement of taking a parenting class.
2. The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program ® is one of the world’s most effective parenting programs. It gives parents the skills they need to raise confident, healthy children and to build stronger family relationships. It also helps parents manage misbehavior and prevent problems occurring in the first place.
What is Triple P?
Join a seminar and in just 90 minutes, you will have a grab-bag of Triple P’s best positive parenting strategies. You will be among parents facing many of the same challenges as you – and you will go home with plenty of ideas (and a tip sheet) to help you deal with the most common ones. There are three seminars for parents of children up to 12 years. They are:
- The Power of Positive Parenting: For every parent who ever wondered: “Why does my child do that?” This seminar helps you understand the reasons kids do what they do, so you can guide their behavior – and see more of the behavior you like, and less of the behavior you don’t like.
- Raising Confident, Competent Children: You can help your child become confident and successful – at school and beyond. Find out ways to encourage them to be respectful and considerate, communicate and get on well with others, feel good about themselves and become independent problem solvers.
- Raising Resilient Children: How can you help your child manage their emotions so they cope well with disappointment and in stressful situations? Get the strategies that will allow them to recognize positive and negative emotions – and deal with them in a healthy way.
Seminar classes are offered quarterly, in three consecutive weeks. The series is offered in South County only, but open for all Pacific County residents. For more information on the above class opportunities,
contact Deanna Moomjian-Gjovik either by email: [email protected], or by phone: (360) 875-9323 or (360) 642-9349