What records are available locally?
Birth certificates for births which occurred in Washington State on or after January 1, 1921 can be requested from the Pacific County Public Health and Human Services Department. Certificates for births which occurred in Washington State between January 1, 1907 and December 31, 1920 must be requested from the Washington State Department of Health.
- Death certificates for deaths which occurred in Pacific County within the last 60 days can be requested from the Pacific County Public Health and Human Services Department. Certificates for deaths which occurred outside Pacific County or that occurred more than 60 days ago must be requested from the Washington State Department of Health.
What is the cost?
- $20 per copy payable by cash, money order, cashier’s check or personal check made payable to Pacific County Health Department. Sorry, no credit cards or debit cards accepted.
- Payment is due at the time of application for orders placed in-person or by mail.
- If you would like your birth or death certificate mailed to you a $3 mailing fee is required.
- Should the requested record not be found, an $8 search fee will apply.
How do I order a birth or death certificate?
For certificates available locally (see above), there are two ways to order:
1. You may order birth and death certificates by mail; print the application form by clicking here. Aplicacion de registros vitales en espanol aqui. Complete and mail it, with an acceptable form of payment (see above), to:
Pacific County Public Health and Human Services Department
South Bend, WA 98586
Be sure to clearly indicate the address to which you would like the certificates mailed on your application form.
2. You may get a copy of the application form at the Pacific County Public Health and Human Services Department office (click here):
Generally requests for birth or death certificates are processed within 5-7 business days.
If you have questions or need assistance please call (360) 875-9343.